1. Row 1 - Work a row of double crochet
2. Row 2- (work left to right) Work five chains
3. Take yoru hook, from front to back, into the front loop of the top of the second to lasts double crochet of the previous row.
4. Keeping the chains behind your hook, catch the yarn in the barb of the hook.
5. Pull the yarn through both the stitch and loop on the hook to form a slip stitch.
6. Repeat steps 2-4 along the row up to the last stitch, working a slip stitch into the front loop of the next double crochet each time.
7. Work fice chains and thenwork a slip stitch, taking the hook through both loopsof the third turning chian in the previous row.
8. Row 3 - (Work right to left) Work three chains. Wrap the yarn, form back to front, over the hook
9. Take the hook, from front to back, through the back loop at the top of teh first double crochet
10. Complete a double crochet stitch
11. Continue working a double crochet stitch into the back loop of each double crochet in the first row
12. Subsequent Rows- Repeat steps 2-7 to work the fourth row
13. Repeat steps 8-11 to work a fifth row
14. Continue, alternating between a row of loops worked from left to right and a row of double crochet worked from right to left, until your work is the desired length.
Work one or two plain stitches at teh end of each row so it is easier to assemble your project
Forming even loops takes a little practice so don't give up to o quickly.
Vary the number of chains when working chain loop stitch and astrakhan stitch to acheve different looks.