- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, and patted dry
- 1 pound frozen, large shrimp, thawed, peeled and cleaned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup canned, diced mild green chilies
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add half the oil and heat until smoking, about 10 seconds. Add the onion and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the pineapple and stir fry gently until pineapple browns lightly, about 1 minute. Remove pineapple to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, about 1 minute. Add garlic and red pepper, if desired, and stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilies, and reserved pineapple and stir fry until heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce and serve over rice.
My Family really like this recipe, even both of my nephews who are 4 and 5 like it.