A popcorn stitch is made with four double crochet stitches, however you can use more.
1. On a right-side row, stitch to teh position for the popcorn. Wrap the yarn, from back to front, over the hook.
2. Skip one stitchand then take the hook, from front to back, through the top of the next stitch of the previous row.
3. Complete the double crochet stitch
4. Again, wrap the yarn, from back to front, over the hook. Take the hook through the top fo the same stitch as before.
5. Work a second double crochet stitch
6. Work two more double crochet stitches into the same stitch of the previous row
7. Remove the hook from the loop take teh hook, from front to back, through the top of the first double crochet and then through the loops.
8. Draw the hook backward to pull the loop through the double crochet stitch
9. Continue to the end of the row, interspersing popcorns with your selected stitches.
Working popcorns in a row of shorter stitches, such as single crochet or half double crochet sttiches, will make the popcorn mare pronounced.
If you want the popcorn to "pop" to the back rather thean the front, take the hook brom the back to the front through the top fo the first double crochet stitch when folding it.
Work at leaset one row of another stitch before beginning the popcorns.