Search This Blog

ad

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Vintage Christmas Card Tutorial From Cozy At Home

 Fast & Easy Vintage Christmas Cards

I've really been enjoying making things with vintage images from Vintage Holiday Crafts
I made these fun and easy cards while I was stuck on the couch, sick
with a cold. And to get in the mood I even put in the movie, Christmas
with the Kranks.

I found the perfect background paper for vintage cards at our local
craft shop. Made by Bo Bunny, this Christmas paper has different
vintage images all over it. This card stock made the card, before I
even put an image on it!


So here is what you need to make these cute cards:

1. One 12x12 sheet of vintage christmas paper by Bo Bunny or whatever
printed paper you wish, cut to 8 1/2 x 11 size.
2. Assorted green and red buttons
3. Glittered brads & Ribbon.
4. Pre made cards, or 8 1/2 x 11 paper cut in half will make two cards
5. Vintage images from vintage holiday crafts or from the website or clipart
software of your choice.
6. Glue dots & tape runner

Instructions:

Take your 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of printed paper, bo bunny or your choice,
and cut it in half, 5 & 1/2 is where the measurement should be,
you will end up with 2 sheets.Cut each sheet in half again, your
measurement should be 4 1/4. You will need to trim about 1/2 inch off
of each side of your 4 1/4 piece of paper.

Glue this to your base card.

I use the postcard template in either print shop or print explosion
for my vintage images, I put two images on each post card template, so
you do end up with 4 of each images. Use the images you don't use for
your cards to make vintage paper ornaments.

Cut out your image and layer it over a sold colored card stock to back
it. Position your backed image on your card, where you would like it
to be.

Embellish with ribbon, brads & buttons to your liking.

These easy cards that are sure to bring a smile to anyone you give
them to. You can also make them into a garland, you can find garland
ideas on my blog, listed below. You can also cut a ribbon or super
bulky piece of yarn into a 5 foot piece, and attach cards with spiral
paper clips, or alligator clips, to make a cool card garland.



Thanks to Marie for this guest blog spot, it was such an honor to be
asked to contribute!

If you would like to see what I'm up to, please check out my blog at
Cozi at Home. My
blog is mainly about crochet, crafting, cooking & family. Please
come and check it out!

Thank you Julia for stopping by and doing a great gust post. I hope that you all stop by her blog and check it out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin