Search This Blog

ad

Saturday, July 24, 2010

we're all Crochet/Knitter Experts

lately I have been doing a lot of searching for guest bloggers, and I received a reply to one of my invite's, she writes: 

Marie,
I'm sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you!!! I've been to your
blog, and it's absolutely cozy. I'm not sure what I can add to it, though.
;-) I'm not really a crochet/knitting expert. ??


I have been doing a lot of thinking about this question and felt that it was important to write a post about it.
Have you yourself felt that you were not a crochet/knitting expert? 

Well, I hope that in a way we all think of our self's as some kind of expert, either in making blankets, booties, clothes, dollies, etc... we each are good at something, and I am sure that we all have some advice that we could share with someone.

I know for me, I like to think that I am, however, just today as I was crocheting little block's for a baby blanket that I am making for a co-worker I noticed that I had been making the blocks wrong the whole time and I had 18 blocks made already, so you can see how frustrated I was with my self for making such a mistake and not catching it sooner. so, now I am back to square one.

I think when it comes to crochet/knitting, (and basically life) you have to make those mistakes so that one day you can say that you are an expert, you might not have your crochet/knitting project in a magazine for the whole world to see, or have a pattern published for other crochets' to use but you can let the world know through your blog or by being a guest blogger.

Isn't that what life is all about, sharing our experiences with each other and our talents so that way we can help those who are just learning to know what to do and how to do it. I know for me when I started learning how to crochet I was 16 years old and I remember my mother sitting me down and teaching me the basic,
single crochet, double crochet and how to chain, and now because she started me with just the basic's. 13 years later, I have a passion for crochet. I have taught my self how to read patterns and the many different crochet stitches, and I still want to learn.
Marie -

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin