At the beginning of every year I have set goals, however, I have never truly followed through with them. I would start the first of the year off right for the first week or two then gradually through out January I would stop doing them. Then months down the road I would remember and try it all over again.
I think in order to actually follow through with my goals I would need the desire to actually accomplish them.
So, this year for 2010 I really want to be able to say at the end of it that I accomplish something.
First, I am going to start with setting worthy goals that will help me grow, learn and become a better person.
Second, make my goals happen- I plan on doing one thing a day that I need to get done or something that I have been putting off. (Like my divorce).
Third, do things that will make a difference. I want to become a nurse and help others. (I got a cna on August 17th, 2010)
Fourth, do the right things for the right reasons
Throughout 2010 these are the things that I would like to work on, and to get there the following are the steps that I will take.
1. I want to be Healthier and in order for me to be, I need the right tools and steps to help me along the way. I plan on writing down daily of all the things that I eat and keep to a total of 1200 calories, working out 6 days a week, weighing my self weekly, and making a vision board to inspire me to stay on track. Sounds easy enough Right? (update: so at the beginning of the year I did really good on losing weight, I actually lost around 30 pounds, however I stoped working out acouple of months ago and gained all my weight back, but I started working out again better late then never)
2. I want to work on being more spiritual. Read my scriptures, say daily prayers, attend church every Sunday, and attend the temple. (Once I have my temple recommend) it's very important to me to be able to attend the temple. (This is my big goal for this year) All my siblings have or will have their temple recommends and as the oldest I really would like to be able to be apart of that with my family. (update: I just got my divorce on Aug 18th, and I am talking with my bishop this coming sunday about getting my temple recommand)
3. I really need to work on being positive. It's so easy being able to find the negative and it brings me down when I do. There are times were a catch myself saying negative things about others. I really don't want to do that, so I am going to work on coming up with positive's about that person. Also, I want to find the positive in a situation even if it may be going the other way. Plus, Smiling more.
4. To take care of Myself. (which goes along with 1). This year not only will I work on losing the weight, however, I will go to the dentist, the doctor's on a regular basis. I will get my hair done every three months. I will do my hair and make up in the morning and not just pull it up in a bun or braid it. I will take the time to do my hair.
5. Have faith in myself. The only way I can think of doing this is taking the time to find the positive in me and letting go of the past and all the pain with it. I can't change the past, however, I can control and change my future and that's what I intent to do.
So, every month I will post about my progress and let you know how I am doing and if I have added any new goals to my list.