Search This Blog

ad

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Garlic Pesto Stuffed Chicken



Ingredients:
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
1 batch Roasted Garlic Pesto
1/4 Cup Mozz Chesse
Salt and pepper (for taste)
Oil Oil Cooking Spray

Directions:
Heat a cast iron griddle or skillet over high heat. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Meanwhile,using a sharp paring knife or boning knife, make a crosswise slit at the end of each chicken breast. cutting thought the middle to form a pocket and being careful not to cute through the outside of the chicken breast. Fill each of the pockets with 2 heaps tablespoons of the Roasted Garlic Pesto and 1 tablespoon Mozz cheese. press the cut ends together and season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.


Spray the hot griddle/skillet lightly with cooking spray and add the chicken breasts. If your pan is not big enough to hold all of the chicken breasts withouth crowding, saute the chicken in batches. Lst the meat cook undisturbed for a few minutes. Sear to a golden brown, about 4 minutes. and turn the breasts over and cook on the other dies until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Place the pan in the oven and allow the chicken to sizzle slowly for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the breasts are cooked through. they should feel firm but not hardn when you press them. Remove form the pan and serve, either whole or sliced.


To Make the Roasted Garlic Pesto:

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Slice the tops of 4 heads of Garlic. Lightly spray the heads with olive oil cooking spray. Wrap lightly oiled aluminum foil and roast 1 hour. Allow to cool before handling.


Separate the garlic cloves and squeeze the pulp out into the bowl of a food processor (I did not have one, so I used a blender). Add 2 Cups fresh Basil leaves, chopped, and 1 teaspoon pine nuts. Puree until smooth. Stir in 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. add salt to taste.

Okay, during this process I did add acouple a teaspoon of olive oil to get it to puree together since I was using a blender. (just to let you know).

Based on Individual Serving.
Calories: 250

I made this for my family about a week ago, and they all loved it. my nephews loved it so much that they wanted more. Its a great meal and low in Calories. Give it a try and let me know what you think?

4 comments:

tina reynolds said...

Sounds yummy thanks for sharing! I am going to try it for my family.

Tina

Sweetromance2 said...

That sounds absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try it. :)

Sherri said...

Oh this just sounds so yummy:) I am always looking for new chicken recipes. Thanks so much.

Robin G said...

That looks fantastic. I might have to try making it myself.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin