Search This Blog

ad

Friday, September 18, 2009

Better Than The Classic Stuffed Shells

This is a low calorie recipe, My Family loved it.

12 Dried Jumbo Pasta Shells
1 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
4 Ounces (about 1 1/2 cups) Finely shredded low fat Mozzarella
3 tablespoons reduced fat Parmesan, divided
1 large egg white
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper (if you desire)
2 cups of Spaghetti sauce


Preheat Oven to 350 F

Cook pasta according to package directions, cooking it only al dente (not to soft) Drain and reserve. (sit aside on wax paper)

Mix Cottage Cheese, Mozzarella, 2 tablespoons parmesan, egg white, parsley adn garlic powder in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper ( I did not do that when I made it, I find that it did not need it, but if you like it give it a try)

Place cooked sheels,open side up, on the wax paper. Spoon the cheese mixture evenly among them, about 2 tablespoons in each.

Evenly spread about 1/2 cup spahatti sauce in a 10 inch round or an 11 x 7 inch ovenproof glass baking dish, or a casserole dish large enough to hold the stuffed shells in a single layer. Lay the stuffed shells side by side, open side up, in the dish. Spoon the remaining Sauce over the top. Then sprinkle the remaining parmesan evenly over the sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy.....

3 comments:

Mom2mykids said...

Oh, sounds good. We love stuffed shells (well, three of us do; my 12 yo son is very picky and doesn't like any kind of sauce OR cheese filling. Go figure.). Usually I make a Rachael Ray version, but I think I will give this one a try as an alternate. Maybe mix in a few things that RR does on hers ... thanks!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ohhhhhhh, that sounds amazing! Saying hi from SITS roll call. : )

Mindy said...

Mmm... LOVE stuffed shells. These look fairly easy, too. My husband would love me if I made them for dinner tonight. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin